Thursday, January 5, 2017

RAINY DAY

RAINY DAY

                                7 June 2003
 written (while getting wet in the rain) during a splendid rainfall during the hot summer Bangladesh afternoon.


Let The Rains
        Wash Away My Pains

Can I Learn About Love
                  From The Books
        And Not From Your Looks?

I Want To Feel The Cold
                                Of Rain-Waters
And I Don’t Want To Be Told
        Or To Be Taught
                    By Any Elders

I Want To Get Wet
        And Feel Nature
I Don’t Want To Be Upset
        Or Endure
                    Life’s Torture

Let The Rains
        Wash Away My Pains . . .

Like It
Washes The Dirt
And Leaves The Fields And Trees Greener

Like It
        Melts The Clouds
        And Leaves The Skies Brighter

Like It
Cleans The Dust
And Leaves The Tin-Roofs Brighter

Like It
        Washes The Park-Benches
        And Makes Them Feel More Natural

Can It?
        Wash Away My Pains . . .

(The World Seems Brighter)
My Heart Seems Lighter
My Mind Feels Clearer

                   Have The Rains
Washed Away My Pains?

No comments:

Post a Comment